Monday, March 30, 2009

At Least It's Almost April

To my Facebook readers... be sure to click "View Original Post" underneath this entry. Give me another visitor to my blog. Then when you're there, subscribe to the blog or the RSS feed. Or you can just bookmark it.

April means the end of the semester isn't that far away, and it's about time it rolled around already. After all the ridiculousness of the past few weeks I'm looking for the end of the semester. April is followed by May and May has to be the shortest of all the months... I'm pretty sure it is. April is going to be one of the busiest months in a long time, and once we're done, it's basically over from there on out.

But I'm still confused. I feel like I have to enter April with a clear head, and there's only two days with which to do that. To be honest there's a lot of things going on right now and I'm unsure about all of them. I don't exactly understand how people are reacting to certain situations and how people have been so short-sighted in their interpretations. It's going to have to be something I figure out over the next couple of days. If I enter April with an uneven head I'm going to have to find out what's going down before my birthday.

And I feel like this "battle" I'm having isn't with other people and trying to make them understand my points of view. At least yet. It's trying to understand where they are coming from. For one of the first times in my life, I think I have to step out of my opinions and see what other people feel, and respect their opinions. It's part of growing up and I feel like I haven't done that well on this part of maturing as I should be. There's a lot of things I'm going to find out in the next few weeks.

I also have to do a lot of choosing in the month of April. Who do I cut ties with from this year and not see again? And who do I strengthen ties with to hang out with next year? What about my love life?

Then after April it's downhill from there as it's all finals in May, or at least I feel that it's that way. Looking way out ahead, the last one is May 19. Then it's about a week break before I'm thrust into the role of assistant head coach for the swim team. The pool is looking really good. The coping stones that go around the edge of the pool are in place and the tiling work has begun. Meanwhile, with the baby pool, the pumphouse structure is going up. This is so exciting; in a few months we'll be swimming in a great pool with a great small team. The ceiling is so high with this group of swimmers; the "bad guys" were removed a couple years ago, and looking ahead into the next few years, it's looking incredible!

In between the end of the finals and the beginning of the swim team, the next big purchase may take place... an upgraded phone. But will I go with the Blackberry Bold, the more professional looking phone? Or will it be the iPhone, the more application-heavy phone?

2 comments:

Raymond said...

"I also have to do a lot of choosing in the month of April. Who do I cut ties with from this year and not see again? And who do I strengthen ties with to hang out with next year? What about my love life?"

I was just going to blog about this. I really like this blog, it's down to earth. Seems like something that'll prove interesting in the coming days...
and btw, go with the iPhone!

Kenny G said...

believe me there will be a follow up in the next week to these questions... look for that soon!